Genes Too Good For Jeans

3.01.2016

PSA: This isn't me. Yes, I know what a complete shocker that we bare exact resemblance.

I'm joking.

And I swear there is a really good reason for me dedicating a whole post to her...
Natalia Londono is probably the closest thing I have to a soulmate. In fact, she is my cousin, the daughter of my father's sister. We are physically different and that was the major source of my pain while I was growing up. She was the slim, blue eyed, blonde girl everyone gawked at. I was the overweight, poofy-headed theater kid yet, we were ying and yang. If it was not for her I might have not learned how to love myself. If it wasn't for her to push me to go into modeling just like she pursued I wouldn't have had the opportunities that I did. I knew I could never be like her but now I know that I was never meant to. Natalia, you pushed me to do things everyone told me not to do.

Now, we are both 20 (well, you're turning 20 April 12 *cries happy tears in Spanish*) and striving for more than we ever did. We're lining up projects, designing lingerie, aspiring to build a business, and more importantly, we are Body Positive. 

Thank you for being an advocate and role model for Body Positivity. Being a real woman on social media to girls who are only surrounded by photoshop and fantasies. You were my crutch during my hardest times and now I will be a crutch for the girls around me.

Let us give beauty a new meaning #EffYourBeautyStandards

Credits:
Lace Top- Tobi
Bodysuit- American Apparel
Styled by- Me
Photographed by- Deborah Lee

Natalia's Blog: https://bodyposse.wordpress.com/

(#Tbt to my 8th grade graduation. Talk about winning Oscar's look)

No comments :

Post a Comment