Kylie Lip Kit: Kourt K Review

9.20.2016

So, this is the review (some) people have been waiting for because not all of us can waste $29 on a liquid lipstick and liner or can even get our hands on it. Make-up should be considered as an investment and sometimes the investment can be costly since not all the products inexpensive products are right for sensitive skin. I hope the following will help you figure out whether or not this is the right liquid lipstick for you and what alternatives you can take.

First Things First

To prime my lips I use the Glam Glow Plumprageous Matte Treatment which can also be purchased at Sephora. I love a full lip look so I use this to give my lips a little lift. Surprisingly, the effect lasts a while even after the tingly feeling goes away which is a plus in my book because I hate to be constantly reapply. After the treatment dries matte, within a minute, I apply the "Kourt K" liquid lipstick and liner by Kylie Cosmetics.

The Application

Before anything, you already know that I like my lips to look EXTRA full so I typically over line my lips but for the sake of this post I just lined my lips with the Kourt K lip liner. I personally can live without the lip liner because I do not believe that it is the same color as the liquid lipstick (Kylie wyd!?!?). Maybe mine has a defect, who knows. It wouldn't be the first time. Quick rant: I prefer my lip liners to be a tad darker than the actual liquid lipstick or lip gloss I am applying just to give the illusion of fuller lips. In this case, the liner appears to be lighter and it just gives a streak or bleeding look. Completely defeats the purpose of the liner. HOWEVER, I did not use a concealer to clean up the look. Maybe that would have helped...
Moving forward, the liquid lipstick applies extremely creamy and thick so beware because a little may go a long way. You do not want to over apply because the drying process will take extremely long. I applied a thin layer and went from there. The lipstick is build-able so you can add a little more and more for a darker lip (perfect for the fall). After I was done I went about my day and to all my classes.

After two hours

The lipstick was drying up my lips like crazy and someone even offered me chapstick (how embarrassing). I did not want to apply anything on top of the color for the sake of the review. My lips showed creases and the color was fading in my inner lip! It was not that bad, next time I know to moisturize my lips before hand.

After 4 hours

At this point it is lunch time (3pm) and my lips are flaking apart. Of course me eating a cheeseburger did not help and it is then that I realize why the Kardashians eat like this:

I had the urge to reapply but soon after I regretted it. the small flakes on my lips turned into clumps. You are better off removing the lipstick and then applying it brand new. That was the end of that look, rest in peace. Anyway, the day was almost over and I was done with classes. I do not think I'll be relying on this liquid lipstick for an all day look anymore (still great for selfies though!)

Dupes


The first lipstick is not matte but it is a luminous bright purple that I love love LOVE especially in October. I am not sure if you can still get this shade, "Scandal",in Sephora still but if you can get your hands on it I would strongly recommend it. The lipstick underneath is "Smoked Purple" from M.A.C which I know for a fact you can still get online or in the M.A.C at Macy's (which is where I got mine). It is very very dry, yet velvet-y, because it is a matte lipstick so I recommend the use of Blistex. Even though it is a very dry lip, I still prefer it over Kourt K because if you add just a bit of lip balm it feels softened with a matte look and hydrated where as if you add anything to Kourt K you might as well take it off.It is closer to the black side than Kourt K is and strongly resembles "Cyber" by M.A.C (which is why I first bought it).
These are the swatches of all 3 of them in the light and dark. The first one, left to right, is "Scandal" by Marc Jacobs, the second (middle) is "Smoked Purple" by M.A.C, and last but not least is "Kourt K" by Kylie Cosmetics. All in all, Kourt K makes for a perfect selfie lipstick but probably not the best choice for a busy all day look. If you have $29 (+ shipping) to blow away, go ahead buy it, it's nice. If you do not have $29 visit a local NYX store and swatch some dark lipsticks. Go to Sephora and scout some different shades. I guarantee you will find something in your budget range.

No comments :

Post a Comment