Beauty: Summer Must Haves

5.23.2016

I am the type of person who separates her summer goodies in another make-up bag so I can always be ready when I am on the go and as you all know summer has officially started (for us college students at least). Here are the top necessities I will be carrying in my bag this summer!



Liquid Lippie

My pet peeve is having to stop and reapply lipstick, especially when I am on the run. From striding down the long city blocks of Manhattan or taking a dip into the ocean in the Dominican Republic, Ashton by Anastasia Beverly Hills manages to stay on. The formula is thin and seems glossy during the application which makes spreading it evenly on your lips easier but as soon as it dries, I guarantee that it will not come off easily. Ashton is like a nude-ish/ brownish color and the worst way I can possibly word it would be like a rusty brown but I swear to you it is the prettiest color! I love this color for the summer because it gives a nice tint to your lips without looking to dolled up. (sephora)


Bronzer

Well, I am not to proud of this but I am a bronzer/highlighter addict. Asides having an impressive amount of lipsticks I also horde bronzers. HOWEVER, this has been my favorite bronzer of all time because it applies naturally. It does not have that orange undertone that some bronzers give out and gives you a light shimmer. I feel like a sun goddess and the formula used is very pigmented. What I typically do when I am not using my ABH contour palette, I grab my big multi-task powder brush, dab onto my compact, and apply it (softly) all over my face to give it the appearance that I am glowing. Then i do the same to my neck and chest. Afterwards, I use my fan brush and apply the darker bronzer where I would apply my contour. Abba-cadabra, you're a freaking God! (Sephora)


Highlighter


Like I said, I am addicted. This highlighter is my life and I am so happy that it is summer so that I can use it more. When I first got it back in November, I was a tad too pale to use it properly because it seems like an orange-y bronzer so I would opt for my Benefits Watts Up. Now, spending a week in DR so far, I am much more darker and this color applies beautifully (at this point it doesn't matter what's your skin color because different color highlighters are so in right now!). I use my ABH Brush #23 to apply or if I want a more subtle highlight I'll use my real techniques fan brush. (Macy's)

Mascara (waterproof)


Better Than Sex by Too Faced is a very on demand mascara and I heard all great and chipper reviews on it. I am more of a faux lashes kind of girl so mascara is never something that sparks my interest but I knew I needed a waterproof one. I figured I would opt for the waterproof version of the glorified mascara. I am not a big fan. It does the job but it is too heavy on the lashes. I do not have a gentle, steady hand so when I apply it I tend to make a mess (and cleaning it up isn't so easy). BUT, I will say this: It does the job magnificently. I can do laps around the ocean and it will not come off. I advise you get a really good eye makeup remover because my Burt's Bees towelettes did not make the cut. Until I can find a magical waterproof mascara that works wonders for me this will do just fine. I will just have to take my time applying... (Sephora)

Tanning Oil

Last but not least, TANNING OIL! I am running out and I am on an Island where goods like these aren't around the corner. You can find these at a drugstore, typically. I love this oil because it is inexpensive, leaves a beautiful shimmer on your body, and actually brings out the color from your skin. It is supposed to enhance your natural skin color while tanning it. So if you are a person who only gets red then you might want to try this oil. The only downside is that it does not ave any sun protection in it. I, luckily, do not burn easily on my body (only my face) so I only use a bit of SPF round my t-zone. If you are someone who does burn but wants to use this oil, opt for a spray on protector and spray it on before you use the oil. I used this oil for two days in a row and I can tell you that I am already 2 shades darker! YAY! I am Caribbean so I am trying to reach my full potential to look like a local :) (CVS)

All in all, these are just some things I must have in my bag but this summer please do not forget to take care of your body. Please moisturize, stay hydrated, and stay protected!

Disclaimer: All images besides the first one were all found on google and do not belong to me.

No comments :

Post a Comment