Monday Hues: Serenity and Rose Quartz

4.04.2016

I do not know about you, but as a business major, I do not have time for these said Monday "blues" especially if my classes start at 7:00 am. I am firm believer that if you play up your look with bright colors your perspective on the day will change completely. Here are 3 steps to look good and feel good.

Now, I am probably not one to talk as I write this blog post because I am currently wearing black North Face leggings, a black F21 turtle neck, a dark orange H&M oversized cardigan, and Urban Outfitters patent loafers (a cute apricot color!) but I had an elevator speech to do at my 7am and I was 10 minutes late (oops). However, I did pair my laid back outfit with Blair Waldorf inspired accessories including a Baublebar pink tulle ballerina earrings and a bedazzled pink headband. BUT LET ME TELL YOU, that my lil' bright accessories made me ace that speech and you can too! You can conquer any task this Monday with a little bit of help.

Color of The Year

Step aside Marsala 2015, the dynamic duo Rose Quartz and Serenity are here. I have found myself obsessing over the two and I believe a lot of the designers can agree with me.
Balmain's latest collection and our favorite girls (Kendall & Gigi) debut a very beautiful light hues look in Paris:
A round of applause to their stylist. Now, you are probably thinking, "How will I ever achieve this look and where can I get my hands on it?" If you are like me, a poor college student, then I reccommend you to check out the UK based store, Missguided.
1) The Clothes: All these pieces can be found on their website (I literally looked up nude and found them all)
As for accessories, I recently bought this small Michael Kors envelope purse in "pale blue" from Macy's which was the best $70 I have ever bought since I got it on sale. I could not find an exact picture of it online but here are some similar styles:
2) The Accessories: On the left is a similar one to the one I actually own except mine has a flap. On the middle is a Rhea "pale blue" backpack that I need to get my hands on. On the right, is yet another beauty that I own from Henri Bendel, the Jetsetter. That is my go to bag for any meeting that I have to run to be it for my major or my magazine.
In the photo above, Dakota wears Topshop converse styled sneakers that I found in a Goodwill near the Greenwich Village last summer (best goodwill there is). Lately, I have been obsessing over shoes so it is only safe to show you guys the two shoes I have been lusting over:
3) The Shoes: Of course, the first shoe is from Steve Madden and the only reason I noticed them was because they were on display at the store. The second are from a website called Simmi Shoes and they are a UK based store. If you plan on shopping there please note that the sizes there run a tad smaller.

All in all...

Just knowing that my two favorite colors are the colors of the years means that this will be a good year. My year. And I know I say this every year, but I seriously mean it this time. Just by adding some color to my wardrobe today made me feel so energized. I got up (late), aced my speech, had lunch with my freed Scarlett (CONRGRATS ON YOUR CROSSING #mermaids), and now I am writing this wonderful post to you all. 
Even though it is raining, stay dry and bright Sunshines.

*enjoy pictures of my pretty friend and Model, Dakota*


Credits:
Jacket: Banana Republic
Top: American Apparel
Skirt: Anthropologie
Shoes: Topshop
Photographer: @DeborahLeephoto
Stylist: Me
Creative Director: @StyleTrsh
Makeup: @wudister




No comments :

Post a Comment